Since the reader won't be able to discern the information without printing the page and enlarging it on a photocopier, the following is the actual text.
This Agreement for Services (this "Agreement") is made and entered this 13th day of January, 2012, by and between Shane L. Gibson dba Gibson Law Office, LLC (the "Gibson"), and the City of New Albany (hereafter referred to as "City"). Gibson and City agree as follows:
1. Gibson is an independent contractor for the City with
respect to the Planning/Zoning, Redevelopment, and
any other matter requested by City Attorney and/or
Mayor and shall be paid $2,500.00 per month.
2. Gibson's duties and responsibilities shall include,
but not limited to, attendance at respective board
meetings for the Planning/Zoning
Departments, Redevelopment, and any other meetings,
including researching legal issues and render legal
opinions, and draft legal documents for said departments.
3. Gibson may participate in the City insurance program
and pay any costs associated therein.
4. Gibson shall be paid the retainer fee per month, which
retainer shall fully compensate Gibson for the first
twenty-five (25) hours of legal work each month for the
City. In addition, Gibson shall be paid an hourly rate of
$150.00 for any work performed in excess
of twenty-five (25) per month and for any work beyond
the scope of his duties and responsibilities as described
5. The hourly rate shall apply to the involvement in any
litigation, or any other legal matters agreed by the
6. Gibson shall be permitted to participate in city health
insurance programs and shall pay the costs associated
with any participation.
7. Gibson and City agree that all contracts in previous years
are null and void.
Stanley Robison, City Attorney
Shane L. Gibson, Attorney